- Category: Latest News and Reports
- Published on Wednesday, 23 September 2015 17:59
- Written by Super User
- Hits: 6198
Govert Westerveld, our well-known Spanish member of Dutch origin, resident in Blanca (Murcia), has been and is still very active as a draughts and chess historian and as an author of books and articles in his fields of interest.
Read more on our page New Chess Literature.
Tony Gillam has discovered 3 old manuscripts in the Central Library of Poznan, Poland:
- Des Arabers Philipp Stamma, gebürtig von Aleppo in Syrien, entdeckte Schachspiel-Geheimnisse …, Strasburg, 1771
- Hellwig Johann Christian, Versuch eines aufs Schachspiel gebaueten taktischen Spiels von zwey und mehrern Personen zu spielen, Leipzig 1780
- Marci Hieronymi Vidae Cremonensis Sacchia ludus (XVI century)
Maybe there are members who are interested in such things ...